Friday, April 5, 2013

I Don't Need To Get A Life


Everyday I say or do something that never really makes sense. I usually laugh and tell myself that I need to get a life. But you know what? I already have a life. I may not live the way kids my age live, but I don’t need to. My life may be lame, but it’s my life.

            I have parents that don’t understand what I want. But I have parents, and either way, they love me. I have a sister that sometimes seems like she doesn’t believe in me, but she still tries to support me. I have a brother that thinks I’m a complete moron because I don’t do things the way he did when he was in High School, but he still brings and takes me when I need. I have another brother that rarely acknowledges my existence, but I trust in the love I know he has for me. I have friends that never seem to view the world the way I do, but it’s okay because that doesn’t stop us from having a good time every time we’re together.

            I’m 18. I’m not supposed to have a vivid life. I don’t use the measly excuse of my youth to do things that might be rushed for me because, you know what? My youth will end when I decide for it to end. I don’t care if I don’t go out to party every weekend of if I still don’t drive. You know why? Because I have an entire life to do what kids are hurrying to do, now. I don’t need to “have a life,” I’m fine the way I am. And I will be because I do have a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment