Why must the world be the way it is?
I see the world’s injustice, and there’s nothing I can do about it. There’s death,
pain, devastation, sorrow, grief, and above all injustice. There’s
superficiality. Things that really matter are not taken into account by the
rest of the world. I’m surrounded by people that live in a fairytale, and all
my life I’ve been living in one as well. And the worst part is that I’ve known
this. Everybody knows it and we just don’t want to abandon that fairytale
because it’s just too beautiful. And sure, every fairytale has its villains,
but none as bad as the villains that live in reality.
How can I
go out there? How can I fight injustice? What can I do? I now realize that God
has spoken to me in very discreet ways. And with the tools I use every day. At
church, the preaching was that I was supposed to go out into the world, spread
His word around, but I know I should do more than that. There’s so much more to
do!
I saw
injustice being done at the Mexico-USA border. Why can’t they understand that
all we’re doing is looking for a better life? That’s all. Everybody does that.
Americans move to other countries all the time, and yet Americans criticize us
for moving to this country. Now, I know Americans can come back saying that
when they do, they do it legally. And we would, too if America
didn’t do it so difficult!
That
injustice is literally minutes away from where I am. And even with it being so
close, there’s nothing I can do about it. And then I leave my own world, where
war, natural disasters, racial tension, religious fighting, and inhumanity
reign over the whole world. Where issues are far away, and I can’t do anything
about it, however, I can’t ignore it either.
I think
that the major thing that makes the world the way it is is the injustice. I
know that “Life’s not fair.” But it’s
not fair because humanity itself is not making it fair. Big, and powerful
giants give themselves great and luxurious things when they really have done
nothing to deserve those things, and that’s not fair. While those who work hard
everyday can’t even get a fraction of what the giant has. Meanwhile, the same
person is betrayed by another big and powerful giant. It’s not fair, but he is
the one that started not being fair in the first place.
The “Golden Rule” is an amazing way to live
by if only the entire world could live that way. But not everybody lives that
way, and so the world is full of injustice.
Injustice,
and those who practice it, have made this world the way it is right now, and
the way it’s always been. It’s up to everyone to not let it stay that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment