Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Feelings Toward The Real Me


I’m angry. I’m angry with everybody around me including myself. I’m angry with my parents, my siblings, my teachers, classmates, but more importantly, myself. Ever since my birthday, a couple of times a day I stop and think, “Crap! I’m eighteen!” And I’m getting older, and I struggle with the fears that my age is bringing. I’m standing on top of a time bomb.

I am angry with myself because I have so many blank pages that I didn’t get to fill, and I won’t ever get to. Now, at my age I am willing to go anywhere and do anything, but now I hate myself for not having this same attitude I have now. And even now, I hate asking for something because I want to void the struggle of asking my parents.

I live my life laying down in a bed and sitting down in different classroom desks. But my mind is somewhere else. In my world, I have an amazing, excellent paying job with a beautiful boyfriend that makes me feel like a goddess every time we’re together. But that’s just in my stupid mind. I wish I had been born in a different situation in which I didn’t have to fight and work so hard for what I want.

I’m angry with myself because I’m so lazy, yet so ambitious. Why can’t I be hard-working and ambitious? I know what my dream job is, but I’m not talented. I sing horribly, and my dancing is absolutely disastrous. I’ve never acted, but I have no doubt in my mind that even if I did it, I wouldn’t be outstanding. I’m angry with myself because my mom keeps telling me that God has a plan for me because He has kept me alive, but I’m afraid I just came to this world with no glory, and that I’m going to leave the world the same way.

I hate myself for not having the skin that an 18-year-old should have. Instead, I have the skin of a 40-year-old. I hate myself for being who I am. The real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment