Sunday, March 31, 2013

I Was NOT Born This Way


            I wasn’t born this way. I keep hearing the “I was born this way” thing from everybody that feels their personality is being attacked. They keep saying that people shouldn’t judge the way they are, because they’re never going to change, and the world should get used to it. But the thing is, I wasn’t born this way. I have changed so much since my childhood and even from a couple of years ago until now.

            I used to be more quiet and afraid of those who acted more superior to me. You know, those people, or, kids that society has placed in a sacred spot. I was intimidated by these people and, now I don’t feel any kind of intimidation. I now feel that it doesn’t matter what people say or think about me.

            I used to be happy and would trust anyone with anything and didn’t care. Now, I have serious trust issues. I trust people, but there’s always this bug at the back of my mind that makes me be cautious from any kind of betrayal that I might encounter from anyone. Unfortunately, because of many things I’ve seen throughout my life, I just happen to not trust male adults. I feel that men don’t have real intentions of being good at a close distance. I just don’t really trust anyone in this world.

            My mom, dad, and basically my entire family, enjoy a bit more trust from me. However, that tiny bug is still there. I feel as if, I don’t know, maybe this isn't my real family. Or maybe they really don’t like me. Maybe they’re nice to me because they don’t want to look bad in front of the rest of the world.

            Maybe I’m just paranoid. The point is, I am very different from how I was when I was four years old, and way different from when I was born. I have lived, and will live some more. Times will change, and so will I. So, no, I was not, “Born This way”.

No comments:

Post a Comment